Are you looking for creative & unique side hustles? How about these ideas for making some extra cash!
As a stay at home mum, I am always on the lookout for creative ways to make some extra cash. I see these opportunities as streams of income, some require more work than others. Some work and some don’t but the best way is to give legitimate opportunities a go and see what works for you.
Recently I have also learned the hard way not to put all of my eggs in one basket. An income stream that I had put a lot of effort into stalled and I was pretty gutted, not only because it was a big investment of time and energy but because it made up the biggest proportion of the extra income we were getting each month. Looking back now I am really thankful for the wakeup call. It was time to diversify and build new streams of income rather than just relying on one.
There are so many advantages to making that extra cash and being a one income family I know that a little bit extra goes a long way.
Earning a little bit of extra money has given us the ability to:
- Be generous! we love to give and that can be hard if you are living paycheck to paycheck. Having a little extra cash has freed up resources so we can give to causes that we love and help others around us. check out my post on some of our giving choices. Together we can make a difference
- Paying off debt, especially credit card debt. The day we cut that sucker up was an awesome day! It’s a great feeling to live within our means and be content with what we have. Having extra cash means that we can save up and pay cash for the things we need.
- Family holidays, until I began selling my art online and creating additional streams of income it was really hard for us to take our family away for a break. I am so grateful that we can take time together and build lasting memories. Which reminds me if you use Booking.com to book your travel you can earn money by referring your friends. Get US$15 for every friend you invite to Booking.com. If your friend books and stays, they get US$15 too.
The great thing about the internet is there is something to suit everyone’s gifts and abilities. Yes their are scams and you should do due diligence and use wisdom, but sometimes you just need to give something a go. It wont happen overnight and it will take work on your part but you can increase your income if you work at it.
1. Test Websites:
Do you like sharing your opinion and being verbal about products and services if so this could be a great opportunity for you.
You can sign up over at User Testing
How it works
Get paid $10 via PayPal for every 20-minute video you complete. UserTesting pays you to visit websites or apps, complete a set of tasks, and speak your thoughts aloud.
What do I need to get started?
- A PC or Mac, an internet connection, and a microphone. You’ll need an iPhone, iPad, Android phone or Android tablet If you’d like to take Mobile tests
- Ability to download our testing software
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to speak your thoughts aloud in English
Each test usually takes around 20 minutes which gives you the possibility of earning $60 for an hours work. Not too bad I say!
You can earn extra cash at Transcribe Me by transcribing short 1-2 minutes clips (not long interviews) and when complete, their system sends another micro-task to transcribe – there is no limit to how many can be processed at once.
Transcribe Me’s informative online training program will introduce the Transcriptionist Portal and will take you through the Style Guide. After you have taken an exam to prove accuracy with transcribing audio and following style guidelines, you’ll be given short chunks of audio to transcribe, and you can begin earning and monetizing your downtime!
They pay regularly and securely via PayPal. Keep track of earnings in real time and know exactly how much has been accumulated. You can request payment at any time and receive money in $USD via PayPal for all the work completed on a weekly basis.
Earnings start at $20 per audio hour and top monthly earnings at $2,200 (average monthly earnings are $250). Transcriptionist’s with specialized backgrounds in Medical & Legal are paid a higher rate.
All you need is a computer, a reliable Internet connection, and the ability to transcribe audio and video in any of the languages that we support.
Interested? you can check them out HERE
3. Take surveys and get paid!
Taking online surveys can be an easy way of making that extra cash. It doesn’t take much effort, just an honest opinion and a short amount of time.
- Survey Monkey Its pretty simple to sign up. You build a profile and they match you to surveys. You complete surveys and earn virtual points. Redeem virtual points for
PayPal or e-Giftcards.
PineCone Research members receive points for each completed survey! Points can be redeemed for cash or prizes. Participation is simple! they send you an email notification when you have a survey available. Complete the survey and earn points to be redeemed for either cash or prizes. Occasionally, they will send you a product to test, too.
Branded Surveys uses a point system for your reward payouts. Upon successful completion of a survey, you earn points. Then, take your points and redeem. They will deposit your earnings directly into your PayPal, Branded Pay or Dwolla account! Or, if you prefer, you can convert your points into gift cards, with popular stores and restaurants around the country.
****These are just a small offering of what is available, there are many more!*****
Also, you might like to check out these posts:
If you enjoyed this post then make sure to let me know. I would love to hear any ideas you might have that have been successful or even ones that haven’t worked! Leave me a comment below.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you decide to sign up for any of these services, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products/services only because I have experience with them and use them for my own business. For more info, read my full Disclaimer Policy HERE
Powered by Creative Market