A few days ago my hubby and I went out to pray as we love to do. We drove around the block to a spot where we sometimes park and look out over farmland and pray for our family, our kids and the things that are pressing on us at the time. We spent about an hour and returned home, he had some chores to do and I went upstairs for a nap. When I woke up I was feeling restless and burdened to pray and when I went downstairs so was Richard.
Our house was full of kids all lounging around watching movies and talking, so back in the car we went and this time we went to a high place (literally) a spot we go to where we are at a higher elevation and we can look down on our coast line. Whenever we go there I get a different perspective. I am reminded that I am seated in Christ and that I am praying from a heavenly perspective.
Today we have found ourselves facing a bad report, a negative circumstance and I feel challenged by the LORD ‘whose report will we believe’ Maybe you too are facing a negative report, situation or circumstance today?
What can you do? here are a few things to consider:
- Ask the LORD for a bible verse that speaks to your situation and then by faith choose to believe His Word. The Word of God is a powerful weapon of warfare when we put it in our hearts and speak it our of our mouths. It is a sword that we use to fight in prayer.
- Surrender the situation to God and invite Him into whatever is happening.
- Find one or 2 faith filled friends who will believe with you for a breakthrough. When I am in a tough spot I have learned to be careful who I confide in. I want someone in my corner who will encourage me to trust God and who will speak life not death into my situation.
- Encourage your self in the LORD, if you have a heavenly language then spend time praying in the Spirit. In the OT when David found that the Amalekites had raided Ziklag and burned it to the ground, taking all of the women and children. David encouraged/strengthened himself in the LORD, who reassured him to go after the enemy and that he would recover all.
- Choose to believe that God is bigger than your circumstance or negative report and don’t be like the 10 spies in the book of Joshua who saw themselves as grasshoppers. When you have a grasshopper image, your enemies will see you the same way. Instead be like Joshua and Caleb who had a different spirit and were the only 2 of their generation to enter the land and inherit their promises.
I don’t know what you are facing today, but I do know that if you are walking through a valley, the most important thing to do is keep walking. In Psalm 23 we are promised that even if we walk through the valley of the shadow of death we will fear no evil, for He is with us. His rod and staff comfort and protect us.
I for one would love to live on the mountain tops, but it has been in the valleys of my life that I have really grown and been stretched and where I have come to know that God is for me.
I just want to encourage you today, you are loved by God and He has promised never to leave you or forsake you. Please feel free to leave me a comment and if I can pray for you I would love to do that.
Powered by Creative Market